Campaign2008

This blog features information about the political campaign nationally and in the state of Pennsylvania. it will discuss congressional races western PA, but it won't restrict comments to those jurisdictions. On many occasions, it will feature humor, but its main purpose is to "cut the legs off" political jihad. This is a site for political grown-ups of all ages.

Name:
Location: Ambridge, Pennsylvania, United States

I have a Ph.D. from the University of Rochester (English and American Literature). I taught for 10 years at various educational institutions (Univ. of Rochester, my alma mater, College of William and Mary, and University of Georgia, where I was also Asst. Ed. of the Georgia Review. Later, I worked as a speechwriter and "thinker" at various large companies, including Phillips Petroleum, Gulf Oil, Aetna, Merck (consultant), and Eli Lilly (consultant), among many others. I'm a full-time writer and political commentator/analyst. Favorite company: AudioTech Business Books. Favorite female: my wife, Patricia Ann Maloney. Favorite politcal candidate: Diana Lynn Irey (PA's 12th congressional district)

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Campaign2008: Future Columns

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

"Sin in haste, repent at leisure." (Words for Jason Altmire and Bob Casey to live by)


I'm delighted with the way my new blog is going. Obviously, I had a lot of pent-up verbiage!

I'll have a new column three times a week, usually on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. At times, the "Monday" column will appear on Sunday and the "Friday" on Thursday, but I'll stay pretty close to the M-W-F system.

As I said once before, I do allow reprints of the columns -- without anyone having to go through an elaborate request process. Just be kind enough to send me an electronic copy and say when and where it appeared.

If I make any FACTUAL errors, please let me know, and I'll correct them quickly. In cases where my views offend anyone, well, that's tough.

If you'd like to participate in the future campaigns of anyone I highlight, just let me know, and I'll put the candidate in touch with you. People that truly deserve your support include Diana Lynn Irey, Melissa Hart, Rick Santorum, Lynn Swann, Jim Marshall (legislative candidate from Beaver County, PA), and several others I'll mention in the days and years ahead.

After January 1, 2007, I plan to request interviews with Diana Lynn Irey (2006 candidate against John Murtha for the congressional seat from the 12th District) and Melissa Hart (defeated by Jason Altmire in the 4th District). I'd also very much like to interview Rick Santorum (and perhaps his wonderful wife, Karen) and Lynn Swann.

So far, none of those mentioned in the previous paragraph have announced their candidacy for anything in 2008 or 2010, but at Campaign2008 hope truly does spring eternal. Also, no candidate has authorized me to speak for him or her, but my First Amendment rights allow me to speak about them.

I love the First Amendment -- the one the Founders wrote, not necessarily the one some "learned" justices imagine. For example, the Constitution does not mandate a "wall of separation" between church and state. Far from it.

The next column on Monday (Dec. 4) will be the third dealing with Jason Altmire, congressperson elected from PA's District 4. Like the one preceding it, the piece will evaluate the veracity (mainly, the lack thereof) of his comments on Medicare Plan D, one of President Bush's greatest accomplishments.

I want this column to be hard-hitting and always to tell the truth. I'm very mindful of Jesus' Second Great Commandment, but I believe loving one's neighbors means being honest with them, and that I'll always try to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home